– Law No. 94-036 of September 18, 1995 on Literary and Artistic Property.
– Decree No. 98-434 of June 16, 1998 on the Status and Functioning of the Malagasy Copyright Office (OMDA).
– Decree No. 98-435 of June 16, 1998 on General Rules for the Collection of Copyright and Neighboring Rights.
– Decree No. 84-389 of November 13, 1984 creating the Malagasy Copyright Office.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since January 1, 1966.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since November 17, 1995.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since February 24, 2015.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since February 24, 2015.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: Malagasy Copyright Office.
Internet address: www.omda.mg