– Copyright and Neighboring Rights Act (Chapter 26:05, as amended up to Act No. 32 of 2004).
– Copyright and Neighboring Rights Regulations, 2006.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since April 18, 1980.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since March 5, 1995.
– Marrakesh Treaty, since December 12, 2019.
– Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances, since April 28, 2020.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. However, registration is possible and serves as evidence in a court of law in copyright dispute resolutions.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 50 years after his death.
Authority name: Zimbabwe Intellectual Property Office (ZIPO). Internet address: www.dcip.gov.zw
Collective Management Organizations: Zimbabwe Music Rights Association (ZIMURA), The Reproduction Rights Organization of Zimbabwe (ZIMCOPY).