– Law No. 22 of 2006 relating to the Protection of Copyright and Neighboring Rights, in force since June 29, 2006, as amended by Law No. 5 of 2014, in force since February 28, 2014.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since March 2, 1997.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since December 15, 2005.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since December 15, 2005.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since January 18, 2006.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. However, registration is possible and provides important benefits such as proof of ownership.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years commencing from January 1st of the year following his death.
Authority name: Copyright Office, Ministry of Information Affairs.
Internet address: www.mia.gov.bh