– Law on Copyright and Related Rights of January 14, 1998, as amended.
– Law on the Legal Protection of Software and Dababases of March 30, 1998, as amended.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since July 8, 1999.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since August 15, 2002.
– Phonograms Convention, since October 12, 2002.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since August 13, 2003.
– Marrakesh Treaty, since August 15, 2017.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. However, registration is possible and provides important benefits such as proof of ownership.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 50 years after his death.
Authority name: State Service of Intellectual Property and Innovation (Kyrgyzpatent).
Internet address: http://patent.kg