– Copyright Law of 2003, in force since March 11, 2004, as amended.
Membership in International Conventions
– Universal Copyright Convention, since July 13, 1994.
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since March 11, 2004.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since December 11, 2005.
– Marrakesh Treaty, since February 21, 2019.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. However, optional registration is possible and provides prima facie evidence of ownership.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 50 years after his death.
Authority name: Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property (SAIP).
Internet address: www.saip.gov.sa/en/services/#copyrights