– Law on Copyright and Neighbouring Rights, in force since August 1, 1993, with latest amendments of December 13, 2019.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since August 31, 1995.
– Phonograms Convention, since September 6, 1995.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since December 1, 1996.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Directorate, Ministry of Culture. Internet address: http://mc.government.bg