– Copyright Act (consolidated text of April 1, 2021).
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since October 26, 1994.
– Universal Copyright Convention, since November 13, 1999.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since November 13, 1999.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since April 28, 2000.
– Phonograms Convention, since May 28, 2000.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 14, 2010.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since March 14, 2010.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created. Further, there is no official register for copyright in Estonia.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: none. Internet address: none.
Collective Management Organizations: Estonian Performers Association (EEL) (www.eel.ee/en/), Estonian Author's Society (EAÜ) (www.eau.org), Estonian Association of the Phonogram Producers (EFÜ) (www.efy.ee/en/).