– Law No. 2121/1993 on Copyright, Related Rights and Cultural Matters, in force since March 4, 1993, as amended.
– Law No. 4481/2017 on Collective Management of Copyright and Related Rights, Multi-Territorial Licensing in Musical Works for Online Use in the Internal Market, in force since July 20, 2017.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Phonograms Convention.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created and there is no official Copyright Register. In practice, an author has the options of either depositing a work with a Notary Public, which will provide a rebuttable presumption concerning the date, posting a registered letter to him/herself and keep it sealed for potential use before Court, or use an official timestamping service. The Hellenic Copyright Organization (HCO) has launched and developed the timestamping online service for the purpose of facilitating all authors (irrespective of the specific type of the work created and regardless of whether they are professionals or amateurs) to obtain a certain date as regards as the existence of their works.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death; the 70-year period starts from January 1st of the year following the author's death.
Authority name: Hellenic Copyright Organization, Ministry of Culture and Sports. Internet address: www.opi.gr
Collective Management Organizations: a full list of CMOs licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Sports is available on the website of the Hellenic Copyright Organization at the following link www.opi.gr/en/cmos-imes/cmo-contact-details