– Act No. LXXVI of 1999 on Copyright (consolidated text of July 16, 2015).
– Act No. XCIII of 2016 on Collective Rights Management of Copyright and Related Rights.
– Government Decree No. 138/2014 (IV.30) on the detailed rules of use of orphan works.
– Decree No. 26/2010 (XII.28) of the Minister of Justice on the detailed rules on voluntary register or works.
– Government Decree No. 156/1999 (XI.3) on the Council of Copyright Experts.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Phonograms Convention.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since January 1, 1995.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since February 10, 1995.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created, however, the Hungarian IP Office keeps a voluntary register of works.
Duration: copyright is protected during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: Hungarian Intellectual Property Office. Internet address: www.sztnh.gov.hu/en/copyrights-and-related-rights/voluntary-register-of-works#1
Collective Management Organizations: a full list of CMOs, which are authorized to conduct business in Hungary, is available on the website of the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office at the following link www.hipo.gov.hu/en/copyrights-and-related-rights/basics/collective-management-of-copyright-and-related-rights