Designs and Models
– The Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property, last version in force since March 1, 2019. (This Convention replaced the Uniform Benelux Act on Designs and Models 1966, which was in force since January 1, 1975). As far as the Kingdom of the Netherlands is concerned, this act only covers the territory in Europe.
– Council Regulation (EC) No. 6/2002 of December 12, 2001, on Community Designs.
Vide under separate chapter “BENELUX“.
Membership in International Conventions
– Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property (1883), Stockholm Act of 1967.
– The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (Apostille), since October 8, 1965.
– The Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs (1960), the Complementary Act of Stockholm (1967), since May 28, 1979, the Protocol of Geneva (1975), and the Geneva Act, since December 18, 2018.
– Locarno Agreement Establishing an International Classification of Industrial Designs (1968), since March 30, 1977.
– WTO’s TRIPS Agreement (1994), since January 1, 1995.
– European Community Design Regulation.