Trade and Service Marks
– The Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property, last version in force since March 1, 2019.
(The Dutch Trade Marks Act was respectively replaced in 1971 by the Uniform Benelux Trade Marks Act and later the Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property.) As far as the Kingdom of the Netherlands is concerned, the latter act only covers the territory in Europe.
Vide under separate chapter “BENELUX“.
Membership in International Conventions
– Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property (1883), Stockholm Act of 1967.
– Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks (1891-1967), with invocation of Art. 3bis.
– Nice Agreement Concerning the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks (1957-1967-1977), since August 20, 1962.
– The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (Apostille) (1961), since October 8, 1965.
– Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (1967), since January 9, 1975.
– Vienna Agreement Establishing an International Classification of the Figurative Elements of Marks (1973), since August 9, 1985.
– WTO’s TRIPS Agreement (1994), since January 1, 1995.
– Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks, since April 1, 1998.
– Trademark Law Treaty, since August 11, 2012.
– Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks, since January 8, 2014.
European Union Trademark (EUTM) Conversion
See Section 8. under separate trademark chapter “BENELUX“.