– Act No. 185/2015 Coll. on Copyright and Related Rights, in force since January 1, 2016, as amended by Act No. 125/2016.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since January 1, 1993.
– Phonograms Convention, since January 1, 1993.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since January 1, 1995.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
– Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances, since April 28, 2020.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: none. Internet address: none.