– Copyright and Related Rights Act No. 42 of 2000, in force since February 8, 2011.
– Protection of Traditional Knowledge and Expressions of Culture Act No. 21 of 2019, in force since January 15, 2020.
Membership in International Conventions
– Universal Copyright Convention, since August 24, 2012.
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, since December 27, 2012.
– Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances, since August 6, 2020.
– Marrakesh Treaty, since August 6, 2020.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since August 6, 2020.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since August 6, 2020.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 50 years after his death.
Authority name: none.
Internet address: none.