– Resolution No. 141 of September 4, 2007 of the Computer Science’s Ministry and the Communications (MIC) that designates CITMATEL as the official operator of CUBANIC.
– Resolution No. 150 of July 24, 2008 of the Computer Science’s Ministry and the Communications (MIC) that designates CUBANIC as the administrator and agent of the domain .cu (in process of modification).
– Resolution No. 157 of August 14, 2008 of the Computer Science’s Ministry and the Communications (MIC) that establishes the procedure for the proposal and approval of new domains of generic categories of second level domains (in process of modification).
– Resolution No. 220 of 2012 that changes "gov" to "gob" as domain of second level.
– Resolution No. 280 of 2015 with the new regulation of CUBANIC (issued by Ministerio de Comunicaciones de Cuba).
Country code top-level domain name: .cu
Sub-domains: .inf.cu; .com.cu; .edu.cu; .gob.cu; .org.cu; .net.cu; .nat.cu
Applicant: legal entities only.
Restriction as to nationality: foreign companies can register domain names under .cu directly through CUBA-NIC. The domain .nat.cu cannot be registered by foreign natural person not resident in Cuba.
Local presence: not required.
Domestic trademark right: not required for obtaining domain name registration.
Domain name can be registered as a trademark: yes.
Duration: one year.
Renewal/maintenance: one year, renewable.
Dispute about ownership: to be brought before the court or an arbitration procedure.
Uniform dispute resolution procedure: none.
Authority name: CUBA-NIC.