– Consolidated Version of Act No. 121/2000 Coll. on Copyright and Rights Related to Copyright and on amendments to certain Acts.
Membership in International Conventions
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
– Universal Copyright Convention.
– Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organizations, since January 1, 1993.
– Phonograms Convention, since January 1, 1993.
– WTO's TRIPS Agreement, since January 1, 1995.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty, since March 6, 2002.
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, since May 20, 2002.
Registration is not required for owners of an original work. Copyright protection is automatic and free from the moment a work is created.
Duration: during the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years after his death.
Authority name: none. Internet address: none.
Collective Management Organizations: a full list of CMOs, which are active in the Czech Republic, is available at the following link www.czechmobility.info/en/topics/copyright-law/copyright-collective-societies